Skip to main content

For non-EU specialists: the EU Blue Card

For qualified professionals moving here from outside the EU, the EU Blue Card opens the door to Germany. University graduates and highly qualified professionals can apply for it at a German consulate or embassy in their home country as soon as they have signed a contract of employment with a company in Germany, provided the annual salary in their new job exceeds 44,000 euros. In exceptional cases, experts in mathematics, information technology, natural sciences, engineering or medicine may qualify if their annual salary amounts to at least 35,000 euros.

New immigration paths apply in certain cases for people with professional qualifications. Go here for information. If you are unable to find employment in our region from a distance, you have six months after your arrival here to look for a job locally, provided that you are able to support yourself during that time. If you enter Germany with the EU Blue Card, you will receive a permanent residence permit after only 33 months, the "Niederlassungserlaubnis". If you can prove an excellent command of German, the Niederlassungserlaubnis is an attractive option for you after only 22 months.

Citizens of Australia, the United States, Israel, Canada, Japan and the Republic of Korea may also apply for a residence permit after they have entered Germany. EU nationals do not require a visa.

Is the EU Blue Card an option for you?  Do the quick check

Job search

More information about visas and living and working in Germany:

Job search: Zentrale Auslands- und Fachvermittlung der Bundesagentur für Arbeit (the Federal Employment Agency's central department for foreign professionals)

Phone: +49 (0)228 7131313

Visa and residence permit
German embassy or consulate in your home country

Metropolitan Region Nuremberg - One out of Eleven

Concentrated performance in the heart of Europe

Read more

Lade Daten Loading...